Policy Date: 20-02-2016
Contact Person: Priest in Charge
Policy Applies to: All Committee Members
Responsibility of Applying: Priest in Charge/Board Secretary
Implementation Date: 17-03-2016
• To insure the fluency of the church services without interruptions when and if the Secretary and/or the Treasurer is absent in a leave or if the position of the Secretary and/or the Treasurer is vacant.
• To avoid any constitutional vacancy that might put the service of the Church at a legal limbo.
• To provide an easy way of delegation of authority of any office bearers while in leave.
1. In the case of the absence of any of the office bearers for fourteen days or more, the office bearer should delegate a proxy to resume his duties.
2. Any delegation of authority has to be in writing and should be signed by
3. the delegator and the president, or
4. the president and the other office bearer with the approval of the majority of the committee members. This is in case of the inability of the office bearer to delegate due to e.g. resignation, dismissal, sickness, death, etc. … or
5. the president and two of the committee members with the approval of the majority of the committee members. This is in case of the inability of the office bearer(s) to delegate due to e.g. resignation, dismissal, sickness, death, etc. …
6. This should be documented in the committee meeting minutes.
The following two tables explains this procedure.