Policy Date: 20-02-2016
Contact Person: Priest in Charge
Policy Applies to: All Committee Members
Responsibility of Applying: Priest in Charge/Board Secretary
Implementation Date: 17-03-2016
• To insure the fluency of the church services without interruptions when and if any Office Bearer is absent in a leave or if the position of the Office Bearer is vacant.
• To avoid any constitutional vacancy that might put the service of the Church at a legal limbo.
• To provide an easy way of delegation of authority of any office bearers while in leave.
1. In case of the necessity of adding a signatory of official documents and cheques, two signatures must indorse the request in writing to the committee.
2. The President must be one of the two signatories on the request together with any office bearer.
3. In the case of the inability of the office bearer(s) to sign due to e.g. resignation, dismissal, sickness, death, etc. … the President signs the request with any of the assigned proxy.
4. In the case of the inability of the President to sign due to e.g. resignation, dismissal, sickness, death, etc. … the Bishop of the Diocese of Melbourne and affiliated Regions or his delegate signs the request with any valid signatory.
5. This should be documented in the committee meeting minutes.
6. The tow signatories should then approach the financial institute and any other official organisation to add the new signatory according to their procedures and with the necessary documentations and the minutes of the committee meeting.
The following table explains this procedure.